Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Obama Day!

Words can't even describe my feelings right now.
I am so excited for the next 4 yearso(^^o)(o^^)o わくわく, and I haven't had this feeling in a long time. After experiencing the devastating disappointment of the Gore v. Bush debacle, I didn't really have confidence in the election process. After this election, I can safely say that my faith has been restored!!
I was so touched by Obama's speech.
Some of my favorite parts:
Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America: They will be met.

I'm glad he addressed just how difficult this journey will be. Sometimes I get really concerned that people are raising their expectation for Obama so high that he'd never be able to achieve their expectation. Hopefully, everyone will work together to overcome these times of crisis.
We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense, and for those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you.

I truly believe that the American spirit is much stronger and much more resilient than those who attack us. This was evident by the way we handled 9/11. I have never felt more patriotic than I did today.
To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West: Know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy. To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.

ZOMG. This just hit it out of the park!! p(*^-^*)q
To the people of poor nations, we pledge to work alongside you to make your farms flourish and let clean waters flow; to nourish starved bodies and feed hungry minds. And to those nations like ours that enjoy relative plenty, we say we can no longer afford indifference to suffering outside our borders; nor can we consume the world's resources without regard to effect. For the world has changed, and we must change with it.

This just spoke to the environmentalist in me. we must CHANGE!

\(^ ^)/

Right now, I'm watching Obama and Michelle's first dance...and can I say "AWWWWWWW!!"
(*^^*)ポッ
They are so amazing together!! Michelle is so smart and so elegant, and her dress...AMAZING! Obama is just so suave and cool.

I'm so proud to call her my First Lady and him my President!
God Bless America!

No comments: